- Salary: $70,000 to $100,000 /year
- Job Type: full
- Monday to Friday
- Competitive Benefits
Since 1973, Weaver Companies has been dedicated to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation by going above and beyond to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.
Come join our Commercial Construction Division
You’ll be responsible to provide on-site day-to-day support to the Commercial Superintendent by managing day-to-day tasks for in-house labor and/or sub-contractors.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Communicate with the Superintendent each morning for that day’s list of tasks.
- Co-ordinate/lead the crew of carpenters/laborers for each day’s tasks to relieve the Superintendent of labor management needs.
- Self-perform work as needed.
- Maintain safety and quality standards.
- Basic understanding of the job site plans, job contract, and subcontractors.
- Perform various layout tasks and confirm performed work based on job drawings.
- Assist in keeping Subcontractors on task by ensuring they understand the details of work to be completed each day.
- Communicate any requests for leaving a job task or job site early to the Superintendent.
- Communicate any issues with laborers/Subcontractors to the Superintendent and/or Project Manager. This includes but is not limited to safety, quality, harassment, etc.
- Resolve minor problems as they arise.
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment.
- Coach in-house Team Members as needed.
- Second “Go to guy” for the duration of the job.
- Uphold company values while striving to exceed job site expectations
The Commercial Superintendent Assistant is solely responsible for and will be held accountable for the day-to-day operations of the project. The Commercial Superintendent Assistant will oversee quality control and safety of all subcontractors and labor. The Project Superintendent will give guidance to the Commercial Superintendent Assistant for the coordination of work directed in the field. The Commercial Superintendent Assistant will enforce job site quality control and safety programs to ensure quality completion of construction
The Commercial Superintendent Assistant shall supervise all subcontractors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project security.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, written logs, email, computer and digital camera.
- Blueprint reading.
- Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit the entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- General OSHA compliance and health and safety knowledge.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on resolving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Must be able to travel to the job site(s) assigned and obey all traffic laws.
- Building code and ANSI/ADA knowledge.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical insurance with Dental and Vision available
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short Term Disability
- Company vehicle
- Profit Sharing/Bonuses
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to:
- Stand and walk
- Use hands and fingers to handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The Team Member is occasionally required to sit.
- The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Please be advised that this is a High Hazard Job. This position involves tasks that are classified as “high hazard” as defined in the PA Medical Marijuana Act. The Company reserves the right to terminate employment based on a positive drug test.
Please be advised that by submitting this application, you are submitting to a background check review. All offer letters will be contingent on applicants submitting to a full background check and child abuse clearance check.
If you are in any of the following or similar positions, apply today!
- Construction Superintendent
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Renovation
- Facilities Manager
- Self-employed commercial construction
- Construction Sales