- Salary: $75,000 to $85,000 /year
- Job Type: full
- Competitive Benefits
Since 1973, Weaver Companies has been dedicated to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation by going above and beyond to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.
Consider a Career as a Commercial Construction Estimator
We’re growing our Commercial Construction Division! You’ll be in charge of taking the lead on your own estimates for our large Commercial Construction Projects like hotels and churches.
Our perfect candidate has been estimating for commercial construction projects for at least 3-5 years, has management experience, and wants the opportunity to GROW our Commercial Construction Division.
As an Estimator:
- Finances are at the heart of this job. Your goal is to make sure every estimate is attainable and profitable. If you don’t love numbers, don’t apply!
- Relationships with subcontractors and employees are a part of this job and your soft skills and expertise will increase accurate estimates. You will be responsible for pulling together and organizing estimates.
- Strong estimates are built by analyzing the bids from all the subcontractors and vendors. One of your superpowers is being able to compare bids and determine which is the best fit for every project.
- Reading and understanding blueprints, specs, and plans is a major portion of this job, so you’ll need at least 5 years at a construction superintendent level or greater.
- Expect to juggle 3-6 estimating projects at any given time, so being able to manage your time (and everyone else’s) effectively will be crucial to success.
- Don’t expect to swing a hammer; this position is office-focused and includes a lot of meetings.
- You’ll be reporting to the Commercial General Manager.
You’ve got to have:
- 5 years of Construction Experience at the Superintendent or higher level
- Estimating experience
- Love crunching numbers
- Blueprint reading and take-offs
- English fluency
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to use business technology, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
Commercial Estimator Benefits include:
- Paid Breaks and lunch (45 minutes per day)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical insurance with Dental and Vision available
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- And much more!