- Salary: $75,000 to $120,000 /year
- Job Type: full
- Monday to Friday
- Competitive Benefits
Since 1973, Weaver Companies has been dedicated to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. We have earned our reputation by going above and beyond to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.
Come join our Commercial Construction Division
You’ll be responsible for managing all job site aspects including coordinating subcontractors, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are met for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- You enjoy being the “Go to guy” on the job site and take pride in being able to communicate with just about anyone effectively including customers, sub-contractors, and co-workers.
- It’s important to you that the customer’s expectations on the amount of communication needed each day/week are met.
- You can commit to giving weekly updates on schedule and awareness of who will be on-site each day; provide change order request pricing in a timely manner; provide suggestions, options, and insight on areas of questions or needed changes.
- It is imperative to you that customer concerns are addressed and their expectations are exceeded.
- You take pride in your work and run each project as if you owned the company.
- Taking full job site responsibility of the job once it is handed off by the Project Manager.
- Create a detailed schedule every two weeks and maintain the overall schedule from start to finish.
- Understand, follow, and enforce subcontract agreements and contracts.
- Schedule subcontractors according to the job schedule.
- Communicate product selection deadlines to sales and customers based on job schedule and follow up as needed if either is not meeting deadlines.
- Material takeoffs and orders.
- Special order takeoffs and ordering and review of submittals and follow up on final decisions.
- Assist in creating change requests if selections made exceed the estimate/differ from the contract description.
- Assist in creating change requests for additional alterations outside of the contract scope. ○ Obtaining quotes from subcontractors as needed.
- Identify and Issue subcontract change orders if changes are outside of the subcontract scope
- Having an understanding of current job costs compared to estimate
- Lead job Foreman on questions/issues as needed.
- Enforce safety requirements and job site cleanliness (laborers and subcontractors).
- Address performance issues with laborers, subcontractors, vendors, etc. as needed.
- Create final punch lists as needed with customers.
- Oversee and manage job site quality control.
- Attend job site meetings.
- Generate RFI’s by submitting them to the Project Manager.
- Create daily detailed job logs/daily work reports.
- Enforce local codes and ADA requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Construction experience in the field (have you swung a hammer at a job site?)
- Basic understanding of construction best practices in one or more trades, like carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, or roofing
- Second-nature with technology
- English fluency
- Experience managing teams or crews
- Valid Driver’s License
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical insurance with Dental and Vision available
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short Term Disability
- Company vehicle
- Profit Sharing/Bonuses
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to:
- Stand and walk
- Use hands and fingers to handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The Team Member is occasionally required to sit.
- The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Please be advised that this is a High Hazard Job. This position involves tasks that are classified as “high hazard” as defined in the PA Medical Marijuana Act. The Company reserves the right to terminate employment based on a positive drug test.
Please be advised that by submitting this application, you are submitting to a background check review. All offer letters will be contingent on applicants submitting to a full background check and child abuse clearance check.
If you are in any of the following or similar positions, apply today!
- Construction Superintendent
- Commercial Construction
- Commercial Renovation
- Facilities Manager
- Self-employed commercial construction
- Construction Sales